What are closed captions and transcriptions?
By including closed captions and transcriptions into your YouTube videos it will help your YouTube rankings and open up your audience. Your audience will grow to allow your videos to be seen by the deaf, hard of hearing as well as be seen foreign language speakers. Let me ask you a question, do you want to increase your audience on YouTube? Of course, you do! Here is a way to increase your audience by using a free method that is easy to implement. Yes, by using closed captions or cc and transcriptions. Watch the video now by one of the internet’s top marketers Mark Wightley. Take notes and implement. This is one YouTube trick you can start using today and the best part is… it’s FREE!
Why do you want them on your YouTube videos?
This method is all about adding a transcription to your videos so that YouTube and Google can identify what it’s all about and rank your YouTube video better for the targeted keywords. The higher your rankings for any video you create and place on YouTube the more traffic you are going to get from Google and also on YouTube.Watch the method now.
Did you take notes? Well here is a summary for you.
Steps To TakeTo Install Closed Captions and Transcriptions
- Start with a keyword a how-to, product name are good keywords.
- It will be easier if you write out what you are going to say or stick to a script eg script your video first
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Watch the video back and type out the actual words that you said in the video. Or hire someone on Fiverr to do this for you. If you had a script this step is easier.
As mentioned above this method allows you to tap into an audience that you would normally ignore. The deaf or hard of hearing as well as foreign language(non-English speaking) people. These people can simply click on the CC little option where they have closed captions which enables them to see the captions and transcription in whatever language they choose. What is so amazing is that YouTube will go ahead and convert it into multiple different languages for you. You don’t have to do it yourself YouTube does it for you! This method is an instant way to generate more leads and target more people and the best part is it’s really easy to do.
- Log in to your YouTube account
- Go to your channel
- Go to video manager
- At the top you’ve got subtitles and CC, close caption is what we are interested in
- When you write them out the close caption, you want to actually upload it to YouTube.
- It needs to be in a dot txt file plain text file so on a PC you can use notepad
- The text file is saved with your keywords in it
- Now click on add new subtitles or CC and select English
- Transcribe and auto-sync. Click on this it’ll actually pop up a little box right and then you just type in your transcription. Again hit play then hit pause write down what it was and then auto sync it in with the video. Alternatively, you can upload a file which I find to be a lot easier.
YouTube, like Google cannot see and listen to your video so without the transcription, they are basing their ranking on what your description says and what your tags and title are. This actually gives you that little bit of an advantage when it comes to ranking.
That’s it, you’re done! It’s now populated everything is there.
Watch your video again to make sure that you have got the timing and everything correct.
If you liked this post please hit one of the share buttons below and share it with your friends.